We have high call volumes due to COVID-19, but we are here to help. For info, or to apply for COVID-19 home loan support see rams.com.au/covid-19-assist. We will contact you as soon as possible.
  • Get the right investment loan


    How to ensure you get the right investor loan with RAMS home loan expert Stephen Villios.


    The type of loan we would recommend to an investor would match their needs.

    So that could be fixed or variable, it could be interest only, or it could be principal and interest. So it would be specific to that customer's requirements.

    An important consideration with an investment property is whether it is actually going to make you a profit in cash flow or not.  So a positive cash flow property is one where the rent income exceeds your costs.  A negative cash flow property is one where the costs actually exceed the rental incomes, so you are losing money.

    So it is important with a negative cash flow property that you are making an equivalent capital gain.

    For a first time investor, the sort of paperwork we will need for an application is some ID documentation to verify your identity. We would want to know asset and liability information and an idea of your income and  expenditure to work out the right repayment.


    Select a topic to view more blogs and videos:


    About the author

    • Unley - Stephen Villios

      Home loan expert, Stephen Villios is the Principal of RAMS Adelaide Central.  His business has won many awards and his team of lenders have many years of experience in home loan lending.

      Steve and his team are passionate about helping customers achieve the dream of home ownership and specialise in loans for first home buyers, investors and construction lending. 

      Contact your local RAMS Home Loan Centre about your home loan options.



      Stephen Villios

  • Like to know more?

    Find your local RAMS Home Loan Centre

  • Disclaimer:

    The information here is of a general nature only and is not intended to constitute financial or tax advice. You should consult your professional adviser, accountant or taxation expert for advice specific to your personal circumstances.

    The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of RAMS Financial Group Pty Ltd ABN 30 105 207 538 (RAMS),  Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac) or their related bodies corporate. This article is strictly for information purposes only and neither RAMS, Westpac nor any of their related bodies corporate make any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this article or endorse the views expressed in it.