We have high call volumes due to COVID-19, but we are here to help. For info, or to apply for COVID-19 home loan support see rams.com.au/covid-19-assist. We will contact you as soon as possible.
  • Conveyancing Simplified by RAMS


    Conveyancing is the formal umbrella term for the legal paperwork that is connected with your home purchase, including the loan, title deed and land plan.


    Greater Together is helping you understand the steps to owning a home.  Like conveyancing. 

    Conveyancing is the term used for the process and paperwork required when you buy or sell a property.

    As a buyer or seller, you'll usually engage a lawyer, or licensed conveyancer, to take care of the conveyancing for you. Between them, the representatives for the buyer and the seller will transfer ownership of the property in the eyes of the law.

    A good place to start is to ask a friend if they'd recommend the conveyancer that they used when buying their home.

    The cost of conveyancing can vary depending on the complexity of your purchase, so ask your lawyer or conveyancer for a quote and see if its competitive.

    Step by step advice on buying a home.

    It's why we're greater together.

    Select a topic to view more blogs and videos:


    About the author

    • Raymond

      Raymond A Ram is the RAMbassador for RAMS Financial Group. Raymond works with the RAMS team to bring simple, helpful and expert information on home loans and savings accounts to life with his down to earth and cheeky personality. He enjoys seeing everyday Australians turn their dreams of saving for a goal or getting into a home a reality. 

      Growing up in Goulburn, NSW, Raymond was brought up with good old-fashioned Aussie values of hard work and a fair go. It soon became apparent that Raymond wasn't content for the conventional path of grazing, producing the very best wool, and finding a nice sheep to settle down with. So it wasn't long before his passion for performing and his talent as a likeable larrikin shone through - landing him a few roles such as 'RAMlet'. He was even tipped to play RAM-bo at one point but chose to become star of the small screen instead as RAMbassador for RAMS. He now finds this role so much more rewarding.

      Contact your local RAMS Home Loan Centre about your home loan options.

      Raymond A Ram

  • Like to know more?

    Find your local RAMS Home Loan Centre

  • Disclaimer:

    The information here is of a general nature only and is not intended to constitute financial or tax advice. You should consult your professional adviser, accountant or taxation expert for advice specific to your personal circumstances.

    The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of RAMS Financial Group Pty Ltd ABN 30 105 207 538 (RAMS),  Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac) or their related bodies corporate. This article is strictly for information purposes only and neither RAMS, Westpac nor any of their related bodies corporate make any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this article or endorse the views expressed in it.